|Gemma's Beauty Treats|
|Mobile Make up & Nail Technician|
* 5 fantastic benefits of Gelish soak off gel polish *
July 28, 2013 at 6:29pm
What are the benefits of using Gelish soak off gel polish?
- No drying time!
- The big benefit of using gel polish is its fast drying it offers! Once the gel is applied its cured using a UV light and dried in 30 seconds per coat! Whats even better is that you can have a rummage in your handbag / use the loo and go shopping straight away without the fear of smudging your perfect nails!
- Lasts up to 3 weeks!
- Gelish polish is long lasting, and keeps fresh glossy and new for up to 21 days! No worrying about touch ups or having to remove after a few days after its chipped. With this long lasting gel, you get it removed when you want to!
- Looks fabuous on toes too!
- Its a great investment to have your toes done too as it can last even longer - up to 4-6 weeks! Perfect for those beach holidays!
- Its Safe and Odourless
- This polish doesnt have the odour of normal nail polishes. Gel will not harm or give long term damage to your natural nails which is a big relief! As long as its soaked off properly and you use cuticle oil and hand cream, your nails will stay healthy and nourished.
- Gorgeous colours for all occasions!
- Gelish comes in an amazing amount of beautiful colours. From pale pinks to vibrant purples, sexy reds to neon pink! Choose from demure shades or sparkling polishes that will grab attention!
So why wait for your Gelish experience?
Book in to have this fabulous treatment in the comfort of your own home!
Dont forget gelish is perfect for Weddings, Holidays and Parties too! Glam up and look sexy everyday... you deserve it! :-)
* GELISH AFTER CARE *
Gelish gel polish will not damage your natural nails.
Wih good care, your Gelish nails can last up to an amazing 21 days and up to 42 days on your toes!
Please follow the advice below to keep your gel nails looking beautiful for as long as possible!
On a budget? Fear not!
- Use cuticle oil regularly - rub it around your cuticle and on the nail itself to promote healthy nails.
- Avoid hand creams containing lanolin as these may cause the gel to lift.
- Wear gloves when using cleaning products and washing up etc. (This is a must even without gel nails)
- Always wash your hands straight after using tanning / hair colorants / sun creams, as these contain ingredients that may impair or discolour your Gelish nails.
- Do not pick, cut, file or bite your nails. This will not only damage the product, but could harm your natural nails too.
- Always have the product removed professionally to avoid natural nail damage. (Peeling or picking Gelish from your nails will remove layers of nail with it too!)
- Avoid intense heat for 24 hours after application, so please avoid using the sauna or sun bed as it may cause heat spikes on your gel nails, and will fade your colour!
- Lastly, please treat your nails like royalty - your Gelish polish will still be as perfect as the day it was applied if you look after them. (You will only notice the growth of your nails, which is when you know its time to come back and experience the treatment again!)
Choose a natural or nude coloured polish, and your nail growth will not be as visable so will last even longer!
* Top tips for beautiful nails *
July 28, 2013 at 5:54pm
- File your nails in one direction to avoid splitting and peeling.
- Moisturise your hands regularly, especially when they have been in water to keep your skin looking and feeling youthful!
- Use cuticle oil to maintain and protect the health of your nails.
- Always use a base coat when applying nail polish to stop discolouration.
- Use a good top coat and re-apply every 2-3 days to keep them looking fresh!
- Never pick or bite your nails!
- Use gloves when washing up / cleaning / gardening etc... Household cleaning products will strip away the natural oils you have.
- Tanning / Hair colorants etc may discolour your nails, so wear gloves or wash hands straight after.
- Always use non acetone nail varnish remover to remove nail varnish, don't get tempted to pick it off!
* Waxing Aftercare Advice *
Waxing regularly will weaken the root and soften & reduce the regrowth with long lasting results.
- Avoid wearing tight clothing to the area that has been waxed as this can cause in-growing hairs.
- Use soothing after-wax lotion or gel to keep the skin soft and minimise any redness or irritation.
- Please do not undertake any other skincare treatments within 48 hours of having a waxing treatment.
- Stay away from Sunbeds and Saunas within 48 hours of having a waxing treatment.
- Have luke-warm baths / showers while the skin is still sensitive from the treatment.
- Refrain from applying antiperspirant / Deodorant or perfumed products to the area.
- Avoid applying make up or tanning products to the area.
- For long term results and improvements, book in for regular 6 weekly appointments and do not to shave between.
- After a few days, exfoliate regularly to prevent in-growing hairs.